Helping You Recover From Serious Surgical Errors
A surgery often involves a lot of health care professionals, tools and equipment. In some instances, surgical errors occur. For example, in an abdominal surgery, the doctor may leave a clamp or sponge in the patient. Or, the surgical team might operate on the wrong part of the patient’s body.
Other examples include:
- Anesthesia errors, including instances when an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist administer the anesthesia improperly or failed to monitor a patient’s vital signs.
- Careless supervision such as when a resident, fellow or chief surgeon fails to provide adequate and careful supervision.
- Careless surgery such as a surgeon who cuts a blood vessel or an organ not involved in the surgery that results in extensive and unnecessary damage.
- Inadequate discharge instructions such as when patients are not properly provided the necessary instructions for postoperative care.
Do You Suspect A Surgical Mistake?
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, LLC, our Columbus attorneys have the experience and resources to investigate and evaluate surgical mistakes.
Representing Injured People For 50 Years
Our firm has been helping patients and their families recover compensation for 50 years. We have handled claims involving:
- Abdominal surgery mistakes
- Orthopedic surgery negligence
- Cardiac surgery malpractice
- Obstetric surgery (cesarean section errors)
- Plastic surgery errors (cosmetic surgery malpractice)
- Gynecological surgery mistakes
- Eye surgery malpractice (including LASIK errors)
- Foot surgery (podiatrist)
- Laparoscopic surgery mistakes
Let Us Help You
Hiring a law firm to handle such a serious claim is not easy.
If you wish to learn more about the law or potential recourse options available to you or your family, we invite you to contact our team today.