Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence
No Fee Unless You Win.
Understanding Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence
Nursing homes are supposed to provide constant care and monitoring to our senior loved ones. When those facilities and their staffs fail in that responsibility, our elderly loved ones face grave risks to their health and well-being.
Common Types Of Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect
Common ways in which seniors can be harmed in a nursing home include:
- Falling — Nursing homes have a responsibility to conduct fall risk assessments and provide proper fall protection. Falls can result in subdural hematomas, closed-head injuries, broken bones and even fatalities.
- Malnutrition — How much a senior is eating needs to be tracked, especially for those who may have difficulty communicating.
- Dehydration — Dehydration can quickly take a toll on the health of a senior.
- Bedsores — Failing to move a senior regularly can result in bedsores. Untreated bedsores can become seriously infected.
- Overmedication/medication errors—Overmedication can be used to keep seniors docile.
- Psychological abuse — Verbal or emotional abuse may not cause physical scars, but it is still abuse.
- Sexual abuse — Staff members sometimes abuse residents or fail to prevent abuse by other residents.
- Wandering off — Lack of supervision can often lead to wandering that results in injury.
Nursing homes should keep clear records regarding the care that was provided to your loved one. We can help you secure and examine those records for evidence that abuse or neglect occurred.
Protecting The Rights Of Injured Since 1968
At Van Eman Law, LLC, our firm has been helping residents of Columbus for 50 years. Our attorneys have decades of experience and are skilled at conducting investigations that uncover the truth about nursing home abuse and negligence.
Contact Our Team Today: 614-224-8187
When a loved one has been injured in a nursing home, you need to know that your Ohio nursing home negligence lawyer offers the best chance of truly helping your senior loved one. Turn to the skilled and experienced attorneys of Van Eman Law, LLC.
Contact Our Experienced Team Today.
We have built a reputation during our 50 years of helping clients in Columbus, Ohio, with legal matters. Let us continue to build that reputation with the help we provide to you.
Call 614-224-8187 today. Or if you have questions, send us an email. We collect attorneys’ fees only if we recover compensation for you.