Did You Suffer An Injury Due To Hospital Or Pharmacy Negligence?
A hospital should be a place of safety and healing — and it usually is. But when a hospital fails to meet a reasonable standard of care, and when that failure results in injury or wrongful death to a patient, they should be held legally responsible.
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, LLC, our law firm has a 50-year tradition of representing injured people and the families of wrongful death victims in Columbus and throughout the state of Ohio.
Types Of Errors That Often Occur In Hospital Settings
Our lawyers understand how difficult it can be to deal with an illness that is made worse by the hospital staff you trusted to care for you or your loved one. For example:
- Nursing errors: Nurses are expected to properly monitor patients’ vital signs and notify the physician of unexpected changes. If you believe a loved one was injured by nursing malpractice, get in touch with an attorney.
- Failure to medicate: Were the doctor’s medication orders carried out accurately? A lawyer experienced in hospital malpractice can help evaluate your situation.
- Unsafe equipment or processes: Unsafe side rails, a patient rolling off a lab table and improper transfers can and do cause serious injury. If your loved one suffered injury because of such negligence, legal recourse options could be available.
- Negligent credentialing: Did the hospital fail to adequately screen a physician? A medical malpractice attorney with extensive resources can find out.
- Misreading lab results: Was a doctor or nurse negligent in reading a lab test? Did that result in injury? A medical malpractice attorney can investigate the circumstances.
Pharmacy Errors That Result In Injury And Even Death
In some instances, pharmacists and technicians are equally to blame. Medication mix-ups and errors happen every day and sadly result in injury and even death to those taking the drugs. Common examples include:
- Prescription drug errors: Did the pharmacist fill the prescription with the wrong medicine, the wrong dosage or the wrong administration directions? Were there inadequate warnings with the prescription? A knowledgeable attorney can help find out.
- Recalled drugs: Was the patient harmed by a dangerous prescription drug? Did the pharmacy know about it? Turning to a lawyer with experience in these matters is the first step to finding out.
Your Case Will Be In Experienced Hands
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a hospital error or pharmacy mistake, turn to our experienced team of attorneys to help you recover. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, you can rest assure that your case will be in experienced hands.