Injuries Caused By Dangerous And Defective Products
From our cars to our coffeemakers and everything in between, we come into contact with a huge number of manufactured products every day. We often take our safety for granted as we use them — after all, they wouldn’t make it to market if they weren’t safe, right?
Unfortunately, products can fail. And when they don’t operate as they are supposed to, serious or fatal injuries can result.
Three Types Of Product Defects
Product defects fall into one of three categories:
- Design defect — The defect occurs during the design phase and affects all products.
- Manufacturing defect — The defect occurs during the manufacturing stage and may only affect a small number of units.
- Failure to warn — Some uses of a product may be dangerous and foreseeable. When the user is not warned of that risk, it is a failure to warn defect.
We Help Columbus Residents Obtain Compensation For Their Injuries
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, LLC, we are skilled at helping individuals in Columbus, Ohio, recover for injuries caused by defective products. These cases often require extensive investigation to uncover the evidence needed to show manufacturer liability.
With more than 100 years of combined experience, our lawyers have the litigation skills needed to win. We understand how to conduct thorough investigations to truly help those who have been injured by defective products.
Types Of Cases We Handle
We often represent those injured by such defective products as:
- Drugs and medical devices — New drugs and medical devices are introduced every year, and some have adverse side effects or otherwise cause harm. We can help you recover compensation for injuries related to a defective drug or medical device.
- Power tools — When power tools are defective, the potential for injury is massive.
- Machinery — Industrial machinery needs to operate safely at all times. Any defect, lack of a guard or failure to warn of a particular danger can cause serious injuries or death.
- Household appliances — We trust our household appliances to operate properly. When they fail, we are at risk of serious injury.
- Toys — The safety of toys is a pre-eminent concern as children are less able to discern dangerous situations or uses for a toy. All toys must be safe for a child of the recommended age to play with.
- Air bags — Defective air bags and other motor vehicle defects are responsible for countless accidents and catastrophic injuries.
If you or a loved one suffered injury from a consumer product, let us use our expertise to help you secure the compensation you deserve.