Strong Legal Representation For Columbus Bicycle Accident Victims
Bicycle accidents often have one or more of these complicating factors:
- In a collision with a car, truck or bus, a bicyclist is often thrown into the air. He or she may hit the vehicle’s front bumper, the windshield and the ground.
- A bicyclist is unprotected, just like a pedestrian, but the bicyclist may also be traveling at a significant speed at the time of a crash. This can further compound injuries.
- Injuries are often severe, catastrophic or fatal. Bicyclists frequently suffer head injuries, broken bones, spinal cord injuries and crush injuries (when they are run over).
- Hit-and-run bicycle accidents are common.
- Even when a motorist is identified, he or she may have little or no insurance.
How Students Are Affected
University students and recreational bicyclists are commonplace in traffic around Columbus. A bike accident injury that interrupts a student’s semester can be costly in ways that go beyond medical bills. Losing a semester of college can be equivalent to throwing thousands of dollars down the drain.
Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter what caused your bike accident. It may have been a car driver’s distraction. It may have been a delivery truck driver’s carelessness or a bus driver’s fatigue.
What really matters is putting your life back together again.
Experienced Attorneys To Help You Put Your Life Back Together
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, LLC, our Columbus legal team can help you do that.
We have considerable experience handling bicycle accident and other auto-related accident cases, obtaining multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements. We know how to move your case for compensation forward — even if you are still flat on your back and recovering from the injuries you suffered.
Lost Wages After A Bike Accident
Working people often lose wages totaling thousands of dollars as they go through therapy and rehabilitation after a bicycle injury. If injuries are severe, returning to work may not be an option. Losing wages may a significant part of your overall losses, along with medical expenses, pain and suffering.
Schedule A Free Consult Today. You Pay No Fees Until We Recover For You.
Your bicycle accident attorney should be prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover compensation for all of your injuries and losses.
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, we are prepared to scrutinize every possible source of compensation to help maximize your recovery.