For thirty years, Tim Van Eman has represented Ohioans and their families who have been injured or killed as a result of auto accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, or unsafe premises. Tim is known for being a tough negotiator on behalf of his clients, and has received the highest possible peer review rating of "AV" for legal ability and ethics from Martindale-Hubbell for the past 17 years. He has the highest rating of "Superb" from the legal rating service "AVVO" and has been named to Ohio's "Super Lawyer" list multiple times. Mr. Van Eman is a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, an Ohio Supreme Court Approved Agency. Tim has obtained numerous multi-million dollar awards, and has successfully taken many cases to trial.
Victims of injury and wrongful death have the right to be compensated for their losses, and Mr. Van Eman has devoted his entire career to getting this compensation from the parties and insurance companies responsible. He also represents victims of financial fraud in claims against stockbrokers and financial institutions.
Mr. Van Eman is a Central Ohio native, and after receiving his bachelor's degree in business administration from Ohio Dominican University and his law degree from Capital University Law School, he joined the firm in 1981. In the three decades since, he has built a successful practice by fighting hard on behalf of his clients. He is licensed to practice law in all state courts in Ohio and Michigan, in the United States District Courts of both Ohio and Michigan, and in the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Van Eman lectures at continuing legal education seminars in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, trial practice and other areas. He also serves as an arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Mr. Van Eman is a member of the Ohio Association for Justice, the Columbus Bar Association and the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Insurance Law
- Premises Liability
- Investor and Stockbroker Claims
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Ohio, 1981
- Michigan, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1981
- Ohio Dominican University, Columbus, OH
- B.A. - 1977
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, Highest Possible Legal Ability and Ethics Rating of "AV"
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2017
- Superb Rating, Avvo
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Columbus Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- FINRA, Arbitrator