From our cars to our coffee makers and everything in between, we come into contact with a huge number of manufactured products every day. We often take our safety for granted as we use them — after all, they wouldn't make it to market if they weren't safe, right?
Unfortunately, products can fail. And when they don't operate as they are supposed to, very serious or fatal injuries can result.
Product defects fall into one of the following categories:
- Design defect — The defect occurs during the design phase and affects all products.
- Manufacturing defect — The defect occurs during the manufacturing stage and may only affect a small number of units.
- Failure to warn — Some uses of a product may be dangerous and foreseeable. When the user is not warned of that risk, it is a failure to warn defect.
We offer our skilled and experienced personal injury representation to those who have been injured by such defective products as:
- DePuy hip implants — These hip implants fail at an unacceptable rate. The failure causes pain and requires additional surgeries to replace the implant.
- Drugs and medical devices — New drugs and medical devices are introduced every year, and some have adverse side effects or otherwise cause harm. We can help you recover compensation for injuries related to a defective drug or medical device.
- Power tools — When power tools are defective, the potential for injury is massive.
- Machinery — Industrial machinery needs to operate safely at all times. Any defect, lack of a guard or failure to warn of a particular danger can cause serious injuries or death.
- Household appliances — We trust our household appliances to operate properly. When they fail, we are at risk of serious injury.
- Toys — The safety of toys is a pre-eminent concern as children are less able to discern dangerous situations or uses for a toy. All toys must be safe for a child of the recommended age to play with.
- Air bag failure — Defective air bags and other motor vehicle defects are responsible for countless accidents and catastrophic injuries.
Building a strong defective products case is a complex matter that requires experience and skill for it to be successful. These cases often require extensive investigations in order to uncover the evidence needed to show manufacturer liability.
Protecting The Rights Of The Injured Since 1968
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, we are skilled at building highly effective product liability cases. With more than 100 years of combined experience, our attorneys have the necessary litigation skills and understand how to conduct thorough investigations to truly help those who have been injured by a defective product. Let us use our skill and experience to help you secure the compensation you deserve for the injuries you suffered.
Contact The Columbus, Ohio, Product Liability Lawyers Of Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty
When a loved one has been injured by a defective product, you need an attorney if you want the best chance of securing full compensation. Turn to the skilled and experienced product liability lawyers of Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 614-360-2706 or toll free at 866-856-0433, or simply contact us online.
We collect attorneys' fees only if we recover compensation for you.