Nursing homes are supposed to provide constant care and monitoring to our senior loved ones. When those facilities and their staff fail in that responsibility, our elderly loved ones face grave risks to their health and well-being. Common ways in which seniors can be injured in a nursing home include:
- Falling — Nursing homes have a responsibility to conduct fall risk assessments and provide proper fall protection. Falls can result in such injuries as subdural hematomas, closed-head injuries, broken bones and even fatalities.
- Malnutrition — How much a senior is eating needs to be tracked, especially for those who may have a difficult time communicating.
- Dehydration — Dehydration can quickly take a toll on the health of a senior.
- Bedsores — Failing to move a senior regularly can result in bedsores. Untreated bedsores can become seriously infected.
- Overmedication/medication errors — Overmedication can be used to keep seniors docile.
- Psychological abuse — Verbal or emotional abuse may not cause physical scars, but it is still abuse.
- Sexual abuse — Staff members sometimes abuse residents or fail to prevent abuse by other residents.
- Wandering off— Lack of supervision can often result in wandering that results in injury.
Nursing homes should keep clear records regarding the care that was provided to your loved one. We can help you secure and examine those records for evidence that abuse or neglect occurred.
Protecting The Rights Of The Injured Since 1968
At Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty, we are skilled at conducting investigations that uncover the truth about the quality of care that your senior loved one has received at his or her nursing home. Attorney Kathy A. Dougherty began her career in the medical field and has 15 years of experience working in hospitals that help us clearly identify issues in medical evidence. Our firm's attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience: We can provide the exceptional legal representation that your need if you are concerned about the well-being of a senior loved one.
Contact The Columbus Elder Abuse And Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers Of Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty
When a loved one has been injured in a nursing home, you need to know that your attorneys offer the best chance of truly helping your senior loved one. Turn to the skilled and experienced attorneys of Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our nursing home negligence attorneys, call 614-360-2706 or toll free at 866-856-0433, or simply contact us online.
We collect attorneys' fees only if we recover compensation for you.