Surgical Errors Lawyers
When errors occur in surgery, the patient could be subjected to additional surgery to correct the error, lose a healthy body part or even suffer a wrongful death. For example, in an abdominal surgery, the doctor may leave a clamp or sponge in the patient. Or, the surgical team might operate on the wrong part of the patient's body.
The surgical medical malpractice lawyers at Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty in Columbus have the experience and resources to investigate and evaluate surgical mistakes.
Surgical Malpractice Lawyer Representing Injured People For More Than 45 Years
- Anesthesia errors: Did the anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist administer the anesthesia properly? Did he or she monitor the patient's vital signs? Was the right anesthesia selected for the patient's circumstances? Anesthesia malpractice can cause lifelong damage or wrongful death.
- Amputation errors: When a doctor removes the wrong body part, the damage cannot be undone.
- Careless supervision: When a resident or fellow does the surgery, the chief surgeon must provide adequate and careful supervision.
- Careless surgery: Cutting a blood vessel or an organ not involved in the surgery can cause extensive and unnecessary damage. Leaving a sponge or clamp in the wound can require additional surgery.
- Inadequate discharge instructions: The surgeon is obligated to provide the patient with the necessary instructions for postoperative care.
Surgical mistakes our medical malpractice attorneys have handled include:
- Abdominal surgery mistakes
- Orthopedic surgery negligence
- Cardiac surgery malpractice
- Obstetric surgery (C-section errors)
- Plastic surgery errors (cosmetic surgery malpractice)
- Gynecological surgery mistakes
- Eye surgery malpractice (including LASIK errors)
- Foot surgery (podiatrist)
- Laparoscopic surgery mistakes
Lamkin, Van Eman, Trimble & Dougherty has a 45-year tradition of representing injured people and the families of wrongful death victims throughout Ohio. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us online or call 614-360-2706, toll free at 866-856-0433.